Monday, April 30, 2012

30 April 2012


HELLO!!

Transfers - I’m staying here in Oxnard and my companion is heading out to San Luis Obispo.  My new companion’s name is Elder McCrackin.  I’m not sure how to spell it but that’s his name.  He has been out for like 4 and a half months or so. Finally a companion who has been in the mission less time than me! ha ha

Well even more big news!!! Matthew is really getting baptized this Friday!  His dad has been working on getting worthy enough to baptize him for like the last two years.  Finally we felt impressed to ask him if he really was working on it.  So in the lesson we had planned to ask him that question, before we could even ask him he said, “Elders let’s baptize my son, I’m tired of holding Matthew back.”  So we had a lesson with Matthew and asked him if it would be okay if someone else besides his dad baptized him.  He was totally okay with it and was excited that he was still getting baptized.  He asked me if I would be the one to baptize him.  So he is getting baptized Friday.  I’m really humbled that he chose me to baptize him.  It should be a lot of fun!

We had a big service project last Saturday called Mormon Helping Hands!  It was a lot of fun, I got to smash stuff with a sledge hammer for about and two hours.  It was a great time.  We were clearing this big field of cement chunks so they can make a community garden there.  It was cool to see so many members come out and help, there had to be around 250 people.  We got a lot of work done.

TWINS!!!!!!!! A boy and a GIRL!!  Yes that’s so cool, I’m so excited.  Congratulations Ashley and Brandon.

Sorry this letter is really short, but I don’t have anything else to say.

LOVE YOU ALL

Dad good luck with your test.
Ash good luck with your finals.

Everyone else good luck with whatever you’re doing,

Miss you all so much and can’t wait to talk to you on Mothers Day!!!  We will set up the time next Monday.

Love Elder Garrett

No comments: