Monday, May 7, 2012

7 May 2012


HELLO -

Well it’s been a busy, busy week. 

Elder McCracken is great, he is from Burley, Idaho.  He has been out for 5 months now but he knows his stuff so that’s nice!

Matthew Marsico was baptized on Friday night at 7:30.  I was able to baptize him, let me tell you there have been only a few spiritual moments that add up to that one.  I can’t even describe the feelings I had during that short period of time.  But mostly I was just humbled that Matthew chose me to perform the ordinance and that his parents, Michelle and Mario, allowed me to do it. I have really come to love that family and I’m so excited for them as they progress in the gospel.  After the baptism Mario came up to me and gave me a hug and said thank you for baptizing my son. That moment the spirit was so strong, I will always love that family for sure.

Then Saturday night we had a luau!! It was a tri ward activity and there were tons of people there!  We invited so many people but of course none of them came!  But we had fun any way, there was a band and a hula contest and then there was an auction.  It seemed like people bought cakes and desserts and just decided that they really didn’t want them so they pawned it of on us! Now we have tons of stuff sitting at the apartment so we are going to try to give it to some other missionaries.

Then on Sunday Matthew was confirmed and given the gift of the Holy Ghost!!!!  He was so happy after it. That kid is going to be a great missionary one day, he already shares the Book of Mormon with his friends, crazy right?? I don’t even remember what I was doing when I was ten, but I know I wasn’t sharing the gospel yet! ha ha.

So it sounds like everyone is doing great!!!

Dad good job on your test!!!!!
Cory good luck at school!!

Everyone else keep on keepin on.

Love you all so much and talk to you SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love Elder Garrett

No comments: