Tuesday, July 2, 2013

2 July 2013



Hey family!!!!!

Sorry that I wasn’t able to email you all yesterday, it was kind of a hectic and weird pday.  We had some car problems.  We had to take it to the dealership and have them work on it. So we sat there in a different zone for 4 hours, then we get a call from the mission office asking if we were still there.  They realized that the dealership had some cars waiting for the church to pick up and they told us we could go get one of those and go on our way.  So yesterday we got a 2014 Chevy Cruze!  It was really cool!!!  But by the time we got back the places to email were all closed so we had to wait til today to do it.

The week was really good actually!  We spent a lot of time with part members and less actives.  I really felt like we were able to accomplish some good!  We got two of the less actives out to church!!!  That is a miracle!!!!  I have never really had too much success with less actives so seeing them at church was really cool!!!

We also went and saw a potential investigator named Toni, she is a single mother of two.  She was given a Book of Mormon and a pamphlet about the restoration.  I guess she read the pamphlet and felt that it was true and she instantly started reading the Book of Mormon. H er face was glowing as she was talking about how she felt about it.  The spirit was there! I just hope that she continues in her reading and prayer.  She really needs the gospel in her life, she comes from a rough back ground, this would help her and her kids have a stronger relationship with each other and the Lord!

So about the new mission, we don’t know too much about it yet, we are meeting with President Wilson tomorrow for the first time.  I’m really excited about it.  I guess from what I’ve heard is that he is a fun and laid back kind of guy, but I don’t know how true that is! haha  It’s going to be really cool.  We also found out that next transfer there are going to be 50 new missionaries coming to Bakersfield.  That means about half of the missionaries are going to be training ... It’s going to be really cool to see all of those new missionaries and see how that changes the work and how much the attitude of the work is going to change with all of those new missionaries!!!

Oh if you want to send me mail (and I know you do!!!! haha) Send it to:

California Bakersfield Mission
3512 Coffee Road Suite B
Bakersfield CA 93308

This is the new mission office address and it is pretty close to our apt, so I should get the mail really fast.

Any way family I love you and I’m grateful for you all!!!! 

MISS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love Elder Garrett


HAPPY 4th OF JULY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

No comments: