Tuesday, May 28, 2013

27 May 2013



Dear family,

HELLO!

So this week was a really busy one ... but for some reason at the end of the week looking back it felt like we did nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very frustrating but I’m glad that we were busy and had stuff to be doing.

The theme of doing service continued this week.  We did fencing for this lady that had tons of dogs ...  but I got to use a water drill!!!!!!!!!  It was so much fun!  Then we did some more yard work for some members in our ward who haven't been to church in a while.  It was really nice to spend some time with them and get to know them better, for some reason it seems to be so much easier to connect with someone when you are serving them.  The Savior is on to something when He says have charity towards all!!  Haha  As much as I don't like weeding I really am grateful for the time that I have had to serve and grow my charity towards the people I have been serving the last few weeks.  It has been amazing!!!!!!!

So Ii think it was Thursday afternoon we were going to see a potential investigator, after knocking on his door for about 5 min it seemed ... we decided to leave, as we were walking away we saw this guy who looked like he was stoned out of his mind!  So of course we stopped to talk to him!  I guess ever since he was 12 he had been studying religion and he kinda started to bash with us ... So I asked him if he ever studied our religion, he of course said no.  So I asked him how he knew that the LDS church was wrong and every one in it was a big liar.  He replied he didn't, so we taught him the restoration and set up an appointment with him!!!  Of course he wasn't there but I think he was at his friend’s house so we are going to try by again!  I just thought the whole thing was really funny!

Yesterday Elder Bready and I taught the gospel principles class!!  I love teaching that class!!  Our lesson was on faith.  A nonmember who has been coming to church for a long time was there ... he was the only one there!  So it was like Elder Bready and I had the opportunity to teach him!  It was special because I had been praying that we would be able to teach this man for a long time and we finally got the opportunity!!!!  Now I think he trusts us more and hopefully we will be able to start teaching him in his home!! 

Tonight we are going to this BBQ with the bishop’s family!  I’m really excited about it!  I have really come to enjoy this ward and love the people here!  I have been able to come really close to a few of them because I have been here so long which is a good thing! 

Oh yeah we got my bike fixed and it is working better than ever!!

Well family I hope that all of you are doing well and that you have a great memorial day :)

I love you sooo much!

Elder Blake Garrett

No comments: