Monday, May 20, 2013

20 May 2013



Hi family!!!!!!!!!!! 

How are you???

It was a long week.  We are still doing a lot of service ... Mostly yard work!  But it’s all good I like it :)

We ended up digging a 3 foot by 3 foot trench with a pick ax for a recent convert ... That was a long 3 hours!!  But after we were through the lady came out and was so excited about it, it made it all worth it!  I have really enjoyed service lately, it has made me a different person and more loving towards people.

We finally talked to Reed (the one who came to church two weeks ago with his family). He was really excited to see us and asked us if we would came back again later in the week so we could meet with him and his wife.  That was a good feeling!!!  But then we went to his house on Saturday for the appointment, they were just heading out for LA ... I was a little sad but it was ok because they were still excited to meet with us and were happy to see us.  So we are going by sometime in the week during the day when we know they will be home!!

Also with this former investigator named Jim.  I meet with him when I first got here but soon after that we stopped meeting with him cause he wasn’t progressing.  Well on Wednesday we stopped by his house to see him and guess what ... He was there meeting with the JW's ... It was really funny to see all their jaws drop when he opened the door ...  Then they tried to offer us some info on their church but we told them we would do a trade with them ... they said no!   So Jim asked us if we would be ok coming by on Tuesday, we said of course!!!!! It should be fun!

Hearing from Elder Robbins of the seventy was amazing!  I learned so much!!  He talked about setting goals and action and thought!  I’m glad that I was there for it because it seems to have helped me a small bit!!  He also left it up to some questions at the end.  I was amazed on how well he knows the scriptures and how well he knows the doctrine!  One day I hope to be half as  knowledgeable about the gospel as him!! haha

So over all it was a good week ... It had its ups and its downs but it was ok!!!

I hope that you all are doing great and that you know that I love you!!!!

Elder Blake Garrett

Side Note:
Kath's brother Mike was in Fresno for the weekend and when she realized he would be driving through Tehachapi on his way home to Henderson she let him know that Blake was serving in Tehachapi.  Mike and Tanner got to stop and say hi.  Below is a picture he sent to Kath.
Sorry, the picture was portrait but I can't get it to go that way here.
 

No comments: