Monday, April 8, 2013

8 April 2013



Hey,
How is everything back home?
I’m sorry if you all though it was a April fools joke ... but I really will be coming home now on September 11th.  I didn’t realize that it was April first when I sent it!  my bad haha.
Romeo passed his baptismal interview Saturday, he is all set to get baptized this Saturday!!!!  I’m really excited about it.  The elder that interviewed him said that he was the most prepared person he has ever seen and he answered all the questions the best he has seen.  It was really cool to see the smile on Romeo’s face when he came out of the interview.  I could tell that he has really wanted this for a long time.  I’m really glad that I get to be a part of this blessing in his life and really humbled to be here for it.
So conference was really good!!!  I really liked priesthood session, after it the members came up to us and asked us what they could do to be better missionaries. It was AMAZING!  I really hope they meant it and do something about it.  I love when the apostles tell members to do missionary work, especially when I’m a missionary, because I don’t feel guilty because I’m already doing missionary work and because it makes the work easier!!!!  haha
This week we have president’s interviews.  I’m really excited because we don’t really get them that often.  It has been like 7 months since we have had them last.  They are always good though we just don’t have them often enough.  Oh we found out who the mission president of the Bakersfield mission is going to be, it is President James Michael Wilson from Cedar City.  He will come in July 31st, so we have a while before we find out what mission we will be in.
Well I miss you a lot and I am glad that I am part of this family :)
Elder Blake Garrett

No comments: