Monday, April 15, 2013

15 April 2013



Hello family!!!

Well Saturday Romeo got baptized and it was amazing!!!!  There were tons of people at the baptism!!  To make it even better there were a lot of nonmembers at the baptism!!!!!  During the baptism I gave the talk on the Holy Ghost, it was fun teaching a room full of nonmembers about the spirit and how to receive it!  It turns out that Romeo’s cousin lives down the street from him and loves our church and now is interested in taking the lessons so hopefully this week we will start teaching her and her 5 kids (all above the age of 8).  I love when miracles happen from baptisms!!  OHHH and yesterday not only did Romeo get the gift of the Holy Ghost but he received the priesthood and was ordained a deacon!!!  It was a special day :)

President’s interviews went really well, he made a good point about if I stay until September I will be part of history with the splitting and start of a new mission and that the Lord needs the missionaries that he has called to be here when he does this.  It gave me a lot of comfort and hope in it all.

Other than that things are good ... it is supposed to snow here today ...  I’m not too happy about that at all!!  Everyone is good, the Careys are doing so well and loving church!!!!  It’s been awesome to see them progress and come unto Christ as a family!!!!  This area has been a place of miracles and I’m really grateful that I was here to see so many great things!!! 

Well family I am really sorry this is short but I don’t know what else to tell you ... I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Miss you tons

Elder Garrett

No comments: