Monday, January 7, 2013

7 January 2013



Hey family!!

So ... I'm being transferred!!  I’m heading to Tehachapi.  It’s in the mountains above Bakersfield!!  It’s gonna be really cold there!  So I will be feeling all your pain!  I’m really sad to be leaving this place and the people, but most of all I think I will miss my companion the most.  My new companion is named Elder Scholes, he has been out around a year, so we will see how that goes!!

Other than that things this week were really slow.  Amanda was sick this week and we weren't able to see her ... But she is still doing good and will be baptized soon hopefully!!  It’s going to be hard to say good bye to her and her husband ... but life goes on!!

The other night we were walking down state street and this homeless guy came up to us crying and asking for money .. I didn’t have any cash on me so I couldn't give him any.  So he asked us to pray for him, so of course we prayed with him.  During the prayer he started hugging us and saying praise the Lord!!!  It was funny.  But it was nice that he recognized us as someone who could help him with something at least.

Well family I’m sorry this is so short!!!  But I’ve got lots to do today.

I love you all and hope all is well with you!!!

Elder Garrett


No comments: