Monday, January 14, 2013

14 January 2013



HEY FAMILY!!!!!

Well Tehachapi ... FREEZING COLD AND SNOWING!!!  My first day here it snowed and was around 19 degrees around noon!!!  I usually wouldn’t be complaining about the cold but I just came from Santa Barbara where it is around 70 degrees ... BIG DIFFERENCE!!!  It was really cool to see the snow again and throw a snow ball at my companion! haha

My companion is from Broomfield!!  Kinda funny right, small world!  He is really cool and knows a lot.  He has been on the mission for about a year now.  I like him so far!

This area is really nice though, everyone is really friendly and is willing to talk to us.  We are teaching this guy named Jim who is also meeting with the kingdom hall people.  He had been going to church with them for a while, but he had never been to ours before.  So we taught him about the Book of Mormon and how through our actions of faith, God comes closer to us.  So we shared Ether 12:6 and asked him to show his faith and come to church.  HE SAID YES!!  and here is the kicker ... HE ACTUALLY CAME!!!  He loved it and is coming back next week.

We are also teaching this girl named Riley.  She has been coming to church and has wanted to get baptized for a while but just didn’t have her parents support on it.  Well yesterday her mom signed a permission slip for her to get baptized.  She is now going to be baptized on Feb 9th.  It is such a blessing! I’m excited to be a part of it and help her come closer to Christ.

Things are going really well, I really like this new area, it has a small town feel to it! 

I love you all and miss you tons!!

Elder Blake Garrett

No comments: