Friday, June 29, 2012

25 June 2012


Hey family!!!!!

Well this week I was sick .... I must have caught a flu bug or something! I’m doing great now.

On Tuesday I went on the Spanish exchange and I actually spoke some Spanish, it was so cool.  I was having conversations with someone in a language that I don’t even know!!!  Now I know how Matt and Karissa feel! haha

So I was talking with Elder Stratton and I asked him what his parents do for work, he told me his mom works at a pastry shop, so I asked him what one she works at.  You will never guess where she works ... Schmits!!! It was one of those small world things that are pretty cool.  And apparently his uncle owns the place. 

So we are teaching George again, apparently he is back on his meds and he still is reading the Book of Mormon!! And he has been thinking of baptism and wants to go through with it.  So his date is now July 21st!  And yesterday during our PEC meeting, some other missionaries pulled us out and said there was someone to see us, so we followed them and walked outside to the parking lot. There was George .... sitting in his wheel chair with a cast on his foot.  He didn’t tell us what happened but he said he was so determined to come to church that he wheeled all the way to the church and was two hours early so we taught him a lesson and talked to him. That was a big miracle!

Well family I love you!  I have the best family in the world and I wouldn’t trade you for anything in the world!! (except maybe a baptism!! haha jk)

Love Elder Garrett

No comments: