Monday, March 19, 2012

6 March 2012

Hey family!!!!

Sorry that I didn’t email you yesterday but I was really sick. I must have eaten some bad sushi or something cause I couldn’t stop throwing up!!!!!! (I really didn’t eat sushi, it was chicken)

It was a really trying week, I had a fever of 102 from Tuesday to Sunday night and then I woke up yesterday throwing up … so it was a hard one.

But I have learned a lot, I’m not really sure how to put it in words though. I learned a lot about the atonement of Jesus Christ. How he can take our pains and our weaknesses away if we allow him to. Like I said I was really sick, but I was able to work at least 4 hours a day because I had the Lord on my side. I was able to go on a Spanish exchange with an Elder who is as close to exactly obedient as you can come, and work all day and teach 5 lessons in Spanish! (I don’t even know Spanish) It was a very humbling experience to see how awesome the Lord is and how much He really does care for us.

Last Thursday we were tracting this street, kinda ghetto, but anyways we knocked on this door and the guy (Gilbert, 20) instantly was excited to see us and asked about the Book of Mormon and where it came from. So we taught him the restoration and about prophets, he said he understood why there needed to be a restoration and that he always knew that there was something wrong with his church (Catholic). We talked about baptism and how important it is and we invited him to be baptized but he said no! I was so shocked, but he wants to learn more and said that if he learns that this is the truth he will eventually be baptized. It was pretty cool!

Then we went to the next house. The guy was sitting in his garage smoking, we asked him how his day was. He said don’t come any closer, so I asked him why? He said that Satan lives there and that one day we all would have to bow down to the over powering awe of Satan ... it was kinda funny to hear that, but we testified of Jesus Christ and taught him about God’s desires for His children. Needless to say he was not interested but it was cool experience to see the difference in Gilbert and the Satan guy. They live right next to each other but one loves God and the other doesn’t. I don’t know I thought that it was pretty cool to see how believing in God and Jesus Christ can make your life so much better.

So this Saturday Elder L Tom Perry is coming to talk to us! I’m stoked! Besides that nothing to cool is going on. Oh I’m going on another Spanish Exchange with Elder Haws (Tyler Haws cousin, coolest kid I’ve ever met!), can’t wait for that. I will let you know how that goes!

Well love you all and miss ya!!!!

Elder Garrett

No comments: