Monday, March 26, 2012

26 March 2012

WHAT IS UP????

Well it has been a hard week. I’m fighting a cold, the area isn’t hopping like I would like, and it has been raining. Alright no more complaining! Well my new companion’s name is Elder Wood and he is from Rigby, Idaho, and has been out on his mission for about 14 months....it’s a bit stressful at times but it works!

Nothing really cool has happened this week though, we really aren’t teaching very many people. We are working with Matthew still and he still wants to be baptized but bishop moved his date (so that his dad could baptize him) to May 5th ... so far away! But it’s all good, I love that family and we always have fun when we go over there. Matthew really, really, really wants to get baptized so I think that it is a good incentive for his dad to do the right things.

Oh yesterday at church we were asked to help in a baby blessing! That was so cool! The baby’s parents are anti LDS people but the grandparents really wanted him to be blessed, so the grandpa gave him the blessing with me and Elder Wood in the circle with him. It was a really spiritual experience and I know that the Holy Ghost was there.

The wards are finally warming up to me! It seems like they only like the missionary who has been there the longest because before yesterday I was convinced that no one in the wards knew my name! So that’s pretty nice. There is this family here who has like 13 kids, we had dinner with them last night. I have never seen so much food disappear soooo fast, ha ha. After dinner we sat in the living room and shared a message with them and then we just talked for a while. It turns out they are from Spanish Fork! It was nice to be able to talk about cougar football for a bit, it was a lot of fun.

Well I really didn’t hear from you all this week so I hope you are doing ok! (you should all write me!!)

Love you all so much. (Ashley stop eating pickles ... it’s weird!)

Elder Garrett

No comments: