Tuesday, February 28, 2012

HELLLLOOOOOO!   Another week is gone ... I can’t believe it!   There is definitely a difference here on the coast. People are set in their ways and don’t want to hear that they need to change. But to some extent I know that everyone hates being told that they need to change. Especially when it comes from a twenty year old kid right!? ha ha.   This week Elder Lehnhart and I got sick. We must have caught the flu or something cause we couldn’t stay out of the bathroom. It was frustrating not being able to go out and talk to people but the rest was well needed!   Since we don’t really have too many investigators yet, we have been working on less actives ... always fun!!! But they are really nice people and we have reactivated one of them so far. Hopefully we will continue having some success there.   Yesterday for dinner we ate over at a member’s house. It was right on the beach and had a patio on top of the house. We got to eat up there and watch the waves and the harbor and the sunset, it was way cool to see!!!! During dinner the member started talking about golf and golfing with Tom Watson and Jack and Daly, it took me a second to actually comprehend what he was saying but once I did ... oh boy   I said "Hold on. What? You golfed with professional golfers?" He said "Yes." So I asked him "Where?" He said "Augusta." I yelled "WHAT, YOU PLAYED AT THE MASTERS???"  It was so cool! He showed me all the pictures of it and the golf ball he used on 18. Then he showed me an invitation from Augusta Country Club asking him to come play in the par 3 tournament! It was so awesome. Kind of sad but that was one of the coolest parts of my week.    Oh and I forgot to tell you all, on March 10, 2012, I will have the great privilege of hearing from an Apostle of God! (one of the twelve)  It is not normal that we get a visit from an apostle in March, so I’m kinda scared but way excited to hear from Elder L Tom Perry!    I’m not really sure what else to write. We have just been doing a lot of tracting ... a lot of tracting ... so hopefully that helps out the teaching pool a little bit! Oh and I’m going on a Spanish exchange on Wednesday! I can’t wait, I love trying to speak Spanish. ha ha.    Anyways I love you all!!!   Elder Garrett 

No comments: