Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Hey Family!!!!
 
Hope all of you had a great Thanksgiving!
 
Well last week Elder Wenz got sick and we were stuck in until Saturday. So we missed Thanksgiving. We ended up having to cancel our two dinners. It sucked but at least I didn't have to eat two dinners! I got sick yesterday with an intense cold, so we only worked half the week and we still had one of the best weeks I have had on my mission. We have been picking up a lot of former investigators, I'm excited to go and teach them all! We have been working hard and the Lord is really blessing us.
 
Two Sundays ago this girl came up to Elder Wenz and I and she said she wants to be baptized. I was so blow away I had no clue what to say but ok! We asked her some questions and apparently she has been going to church and seminary for THREE years, but her mom said that she didn't want her to be baptized. So Nancy (the girl who wants to be baptized) said she would wait until she was 18, and she turns 18 on December 18th! She told us that she wants to be baptized on New Years Eve! I'm so excited to start teaching her on the 18th! 
That truly is a tender mercy from the Lord. We have been working so hard and all of the sudden some one came up and said "I want to be baptized", what a testimony builder that is! 
 
The work is getting easier and a lot more fun!
 
Hope all is well with you!
 
Love you 
Elder Garrett

No comments: