Monday, June 17, 2013

17 June 2013



Hey family,

Well I am getting transferred ... to Bakersfield ... so I guess that I’m staying in the Bakersfield mission!  That is cool, I’m going to get to start a new mission! I’m going to College Heights ward, it’s in the same stake as Tehachapi.  My new companion is Elder Alverez, he was trained by Elder Wenz!!  I have been in his district before, I’m excited to work with him!

The other thing is that my companion is also getting transferred ... he was really mad about it.  I personally think it will be a good thing for this area.

We found a new guy to teach, right as we were leaving ... haha.   His name is Doug, he called Salt Lake asking for us to come by and teach him.  He came to church yesterday and loved it and now he is reading the Book of Mormon.  He is really prepared and ready for the gospel. 

Oh yeah I got called to be a district leader.  It really surprised me!  Around 9:30 last night the assistants called and asked me to be one.  I’m going to be in a district of 8,  I know most of the missionaries in the district so that will make it so much easier.  But I’m excited to see what happens.

Not much new is happening ... I’m excited to go to my new area, it’s going to be a good change. I’m really sad to leave Tehachapi though, I have come to love the people here in a way that I didn’t know I could.  This place has changed my life. 

Well family I’m so sorry this is short but I have to go do laundry and pack ...

Hope all is well with you!!!

I miss and love you all!!!

Elder Garrett

No comments: