Monday, November 26, 2012

26 November 2012




Hey family!!!

So transfers happened ... I’m still going to be here in Santa Barbara, Elder Hofheins is leaving.  My new companion is Elder Tincher!  He is really cool, I have known him since the MTC.  I’m so excited to be companions with him!  Things here are going to start to pick up and work is going to get done!!!  Something cool is that Elder Wenz was in the same home stake as Elder Tincher, small world!

This week we just talked to every one!  It was really fun to just be bold with every one and tell them about the restored gospel of Jesus Christ!  We met some really interesting people who actually listened! What a blessing.  I’m hoping some of the people will let us come back, hopefully!

We are working with this lady named Elizabeth, she used to smoke two packs a day but now we have her down to 3/4 of a pack!!!  She is doing great!  It is so fun teaching her about Christ and what he can do for her an actually see the miracles happen!  She is doing great and soon will be done smoking and will be able to get baptized!

Thanksgiving was so great, we had one dinner one Thursday at this huge house, needless to say it was good.  I felt kinda out of place cause it was so fancy!  But it was good.  Then on Saturday we ate another dinner at this part member families house.  We ate the NORBEST turkey and it was fantastic!  Thank you for the turkey dad, haha!  I really missed you all that day!

Things are going great, I love you all and hope things are going well with you!

Love Elder Garrett

PS ... You all should write me some letters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: