Monday, November 19, 2012

19 November 2012

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How are all of you doing?

Well this week was a wet week! It rained alot! I loved it. The only down part to it all is riding a bike in the rain on a street that really isn't big enough for two cars let alone two cars and a bike! So it's an adventure! haha. All part of serving the Lord right? haha

We had a decent week, we got a referral from a member for a part member family! It was so awesome to actually get a referral from a member and have the referral be interested!! It's a less active member that has a girlfriend and they just had a baby and are looking for something more in their life, We are meeting with them this week!!! I can't wait to help them come to the realization of eternal families! It's gonna be good!

So we were teaching this lady named Elizabeth, we teach her on her patio, and like I said earlier it was a rainy week, so we called her and asked her if she still wanted us to meet with her, She said yes! So we ended up having a lesson! The first half of the lesson was dry and everything was going well. We taught her about through Christ she can be cleansed from sin. So yeah we were reading a scripture out of 2nd Nephi  and all of the sudden it started pouring and every ones stuff was getting wet ... we didn't know what to do ... so we kept on teaching hahaha!!!!! It turned out to be a really good lesson ... but everything got wet.

We usually go do service for this part member family, but because of the rain we had to cancel. Anyways I guess the husband non member got sick and the wife was talking to him about blessings and how they can help ... so he asked her if she would have us over and give him a blessing!! So we went over and taught him about the priesthood and how blessings work, and gave him a blessing! He said that he loved it and felt really good during it! We were thinking duh ... but we explained what that feeling was and how he could feel it more. Now we have dinner with them on Saturday and he is really happy about seeing us.

I'm so grateful for all of you and all that you have done for me.  I miss you all so much and think about you often. I am going to miss you all so much on thanksgiving.  But so you know I will be eating with someone and I'm sure it will be great!!! (stop worrying mom) haha.  I hope you all have a great week and that you eat alot of turkey for me!

I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH

Elder Garrett

No comments: