Monday, November 12, 2012

12 November 2012



Hello family!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This week was a long one!!!

My companion was sick and we had to stay inside all week ...... It was so boring but it was cool because I got to read the scriptures so much.  I have learned so much and I feel like I’m a better missionary because of it.  So blessings come from boredom!!

I’ve been studying the atonement.  The coolest thing I think I have learned is that while repentance takes sincere heartfelt sorrow and pain, those feelings aren’t there to have us pay Christ back for his sufferings.  It’s to show appreciation to the Lord.  For some reason this principle really stuck out to me and has helped me understand Christ’s atonement even more than normal.

I really don’t know what else to say ... things here have been good.  The weather is great!  It’s like 60 and people are freaking out because it is cold!  I’m just grateful that I’m not in Utah and in the snow!!!!! haha

I’m sorry that this letter sucks so bad.  I just don’t know what to tell you!  We have interviews with President Castro on Wednesday, I’m excited for it.  He always teaches us something so great.

Oh by the way, an Elder Stanley from Roosevelt, Utah who knows Josh Libberton is in my district!  And he says hello.  This world is a small one!

I love you all so much and I miss you tons.

Elder Blake Garrett
(Sorry I cannot get it to rotate and stay that way)

No comments: