Monday, October 15, 2012

15 October 2012



HELLO!!!!!!!!

So I'm getting transferred!  I'm going to SANTA BARBARA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm not really sure how to spell my new companions name but I think it is Elder Hoffines.  I will let you know next week some time!

I am sad to leave Santa Maria though, I have grown to love this place and the people!  I am so surprised how much I have grown to love this place in such a short time!  It’s going to be hard to leave but I'm sure I will grow to love Santa Barbara just as much!

Things this week were great!  We found a new investigator named Mike.  We knocked into him and before we even could say anything he asked us to come in and talk to him.  It was nice!  He is a Catholic and has questions ... one of the questions was why are there so many churches and is there one of them that is true!  We taught him the restoration and we left him the Book of Mormon and he was so excited to read it!  I hope that he actually does and takes to heart the promise found in it!  I know if he just trusts the lord enough and listens to Him he will be able to know for himself if it’s true!  It is such a good feeling to know that I'm part of the true church of God and that I'm helping others come unto Him!

We also taught Gabriel, he is doing great and actually is progressing!  It is nice to see how excited he is about the book of Mormon.  He read the introduction and first Nephi chapter one. He really liked it and said he can’t say that it’s not true and he can’t say that it is yet but he is willing to find out if it is or not!  I hope he continues to progress!  He said something interesting as well, that ever since he was young he always wondered if Christ was only the Christ of Jerusalem.  He said he had a feeling that he wasn't and that he is everyone’s Savior!  I'm so happy for him that he has found an answer to a life-long question he has had! 

So the Book of Mormon has done some pretty amazing things for people!  I'm so humbled and happy that people are willing to allow it to help them in their own life!  It is so great to see people read the book and to learn how they truly can come closer to Christ and to see what they are willing to sacrifice to do so!  Being a missionary is such a blessing and I'm so glad that I'm serving the Lord!

So what are the plans for Halloween??????

I love you all and hope that things are going well for you!!!

I miss you tons!!! 

Love Elder Blake Garrett

2 comments:

Claranne said...

Uncle Bob was in Santa Barbara and that is we here he met Aunt Myrene. You will it. A very beautiful place!!

Claranne said...

Sorry about the mistakes. You will love Santa Barbara!