Monday, September 10, 2012

10 September 2012



BABIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is so cool!!!! I'm so happy for you Ashley and Brandon!  Congratulations and I'm so glad that Jordan and Olive are doing good!

So there was no baptism... Just not the right time I guess....

Things here are OK, we have been tracting a lot again :( but we have to be doing something we just can’t sit here like a lump on a log.  But yesterday we took a member out tracting with us who went on his mission like 20 years ago.  So needless to say he was happy to go out and tract (because he forgot how awful it is sometimes).  So we were out and about and he would ask people if they wanted to learn about Jesus Christ, and most everyone said yes!  It was nice.  They all didn't want to continue to learn about Him but there was one guy who said come back I need Christ more in my life.  It was very interesting to see how excitement can change the outcome of anything!

My birthday was great!!!!!  I ended up having two birthday parties.... Oh Yeah! ha ha.  I will send you some pictures.

So yesterday we had stake conference and sister Record, bore her testimony (wife of the first counselor of our mission), she talked about a little kid who was throwing starfish into the ocean who had been beached, this old man was walking by and said "what are you doing" the kid replied "I'm saving these starfish lifes!". The old man laughed and said "there are so many starfish on the beach, throwing one back won’t make a difference at all."  The kid smiled and picked up another starfish and threw it in the water, and said "it made a difference to that one!!!!!"

I love that story about how all it takes is one small act and we can save some one’s life!!!  We can be the one to give them the truth of salvation!!!

So this Friday it will be a year out, it feels like the second wave of energy has hit!  It is really nice, now I'm not as tired as I was and I'm more excited about the work and what I need to do to make sure that I find the people I'm suppose to!

I know that this gospel is true, I know that Christ is the way that we can truly feel ALL of God’s love, Christ set the example in everything.  As I have been studying the scriptures I have recognized things in Christ’s life that are parallel to mine, He has given me the way to overcome challenges!  I love him.

I love all of you and I hope that things are going great!!!!

You are all so lucky to be able to see Jordan and Olive!!!! They are so beautiful!!

Elder Garrett



No comments: