Monday, August 19, 2013

19 August 2013



Wow . . . 

I can’t believe that this will be the last time I’m emailing you as a missionary.  It seems like yesterday I was emailing you for the first time.  The time has gone by so fast.  I have loved almost every minute of my mission.

This week was a really busy week, we taught a lot and found new people who are willing to progress. 

The first one is the Irish family, they are a part member family that live right next door.  We had a plan to teach them the plan of salvation with a focus on the blessing of baptisms for the dead.  So the first question Sister Irish (the non member) asked us was "what happens to people who don’t get the chance to get baptized in this life?"  I was in shock that she asked us that because that was the exact thing that we prepared to teach her.  So we shared the lesson and asked her the same question she asked us, she answered the question perfectly and she got emotional.  I guess she had a family tragedy when she was younger.  That was a testimony builder to me that the spirit works in a way that we can feel his presence the most.  I’m grateful that I was able to be a part of her feeling the spirit.  We asked her if she would like to get baptized and she said yes, so on September 28th she will be baptized.  Plus the whole family came to church!!!!!! 

The second one, their names are Betsy and Renee.  They are a mother and a daughter.  Some missionaries in the past tracted into them.  We taught them the restoration, and asked them to get baptized and they both accepted for the 21st of September.  When we asked how they felt about everything they told us that they had been looking for the truth and already knew that this was the truth.  Then they told us that they had cousins in the church in the ward right next to ours and they actually had gone to church already and loved it.  It was a miracle for sure.  They came to church and loved it.

We have a baptism this Saturday.  His name is Clark, it’s a part member family.  I guess he has been waiting forever to get baptized, and now is the time that it finally worked out.  It’s gonna be an amazing way to finish out the mission!! 

I am so grateful for these last two years, my relationship with the Savior has grown so much.  There have been some ups and downs but I know that this is the best thing I could have ever done.  The chance that I had to serve people all day for two years is a once in a life time opportunity.  I love the people here in California and I’m so glad that I was able to be a part of the work here in this part of the Lord’s vineyard.  I love Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ!!!!!  I have gained a love for the scriptures, I love the New Testament, I have been able to learn so much about the Savior.  His love for everyone is hard to understand but I feel as I have been His missionary I have been able to see a portion of His love work through me.  Being back in this ward is a testimony to me that the Lord’s work is the best work in the world!  Seeing lives change for the better makes me feel that the work that missionaries do will impact people forever.  I wouldn't trade the feelings I have had these past two years for anything.

Thank you for supporting me in all that I have done.  I know that you have sacrificed a lot for me to be out here.  I love you so much for all that you have done.  I don’t know if I would of made it if it weren't for the comforting letters and quotes that you have sent me.  I LOVE YOU!!  I will see you in week!!!!!!!!! Wow that’s crazy.

Hope all is well and love you so much!!

ELDER BLAKE GARRETT

Note:  Blake will be arriving home on Monday, August 26 at 9:06 pm.

No comments: