Monday, February 25, 2013

25 February 2013



What a week!!!!

First off it snowed like 6 inches the other day!!  It was fun!  We had a big snow ball fight! Walking around in the snow wasn't the best but it’s all good!  The snow melted within two days and now it feels like summer here!  The weather is so weird here!!!

So the big miracle for the week is AJ and Alyssa's step dad, Scott is now set for baptism for March 23rd!!  It’s great!  Monday night he asked us if we could come over and talk with him, so we did.  We ended up sharing the restoration and talked a lot about baptism.  He told us that he has been thinking a lot about baptism especially in our church.  So we committed him to baptism!  Then he told us that the reason that Elder Scholes and I stayed is to baptize him!  It was really cool!! 

AJ gets the priesthood this week some time!  He is so excited to be able to pass the sacrament! That family is doing so great!  I love them a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I am so glad that I stayed in Tehachapi!  I’m glad that I’m able to teach Scott now and help his family all come unto this true gospel. 

So the mission is splitting!!!  I’m excited about it, wouldn't mind staying in the Bakersfield mission because I started my mission there but I would like to stay in the Ventura mission because I spent the most time on the coast ... but I’ll only have a month left when it happens ... oh well!

Well family I love you all!!!  Hope all is well.

Elder Blake Garrett
AJ & Alyssa Baptism

No comments: